Risk Management Framework for Federal Systems Intensive 4-Day Course
Lunarline’s Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA 2014)/NIST training provides students with a fundamental knowledge of the requirements for meeting FISMA requirements, as well as an in-depth look of the Federal system authorization process and Risk Management Framework (RMF). This hands-on training equips the students with an in-depth indoctrination into the RMF and they will learn the requirements for managing risk, and ensuring that the confidentiality, availability and integrity of federal information and information systems is protected at a level commensurate with the security requirements of the information and the information system. Students will participate in a series of scenario-based hands-on exercises to enhance understanding of the processes used for system authorization, including all the elements of the Risk Management Framework. These exercises will include the development of Systems Security Plans (SSPs), Security Assessment Reports (SARs), and Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) for Federal Information Systems. The fourth day of the FISMA/ NIST RMF Intensity course provides each student with a hands-on experience in using automated vulnerability assessment and other tools used to support the Federal authorization process.
The FISMA In-Depth Course covers the requirements and the use of FIPS 199, NIST SP 800-60, NIST SP 800-37 Revision 1, NIST SP 800-39, NIST SP 800-30, NIST SP 800-34, NIST SP 800-53 Revision 4, and NIST SP 800-53A.
NICE Work Roles
Information Systems Security Developer
Designs, develops, tests, and evaluates information system security throughout the systems development life cycle.
- Module 1 – Critical Definitions and Policies
- Module 2 – C&A Transformation/Transition Overview
- Module 3 – The IC and the Transformation
- Module 4 – Roles and Responsibilities
- Module 5 – Select Security Controls
- Module 6 – System Categorization
- Module 7 – Select Security Controls
- Module 8 – Implement, Document & Assess Security Controls
- Module 9 – Authorize Information System
- Module 10 – Monitor Information System
- Module 11 – Reciprocity
- Module 12 – Supporting Tools
- Module 13 – Certification Testing
No image gallery for this course as of yet.
No video for this course as of yet.
Share this course