Conducting a Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA)
Lunarline’s Privacy training emphasizes the importance of privacy safeguards, explains privacy protection requirements, and details your responsibilities for protecting privacy information.
Course Module(s) Description
- Module 1 – Learning the 6 steps in the PIA model:
1. Identify the need for a PIA with a Privacy Threshold Analysis (PTA)
2. Describe the information flows (Data Mapping)
3. Identify and assess privacy-related risks
4. Identify and evaluate solutions (remediation)
5. Sign-off and record PIA outcomes
6. Integrate the PIA outcomes back into the PIA plan of record
- Module 2 – Implementing the PIA:
1. The PIA Team
2. What the PIA Process Must Analyze
3. Other PIA Considerations/Activities Which May Trigger a PIA
4. How to Complete a Privacy Analysis Worksheet
- Module 3 – Determining Privacy Risks
- Module 4 – Safeguarding PII
1. Minimize PII
2. Secure PII
3. Safeguard the transfer of PII
4. Dispose of PII Properly
NICE Work Roles
Develops and oversees privacy compliance program and privacy program staff, supporting privacy compliance, governance/policy, and incident response needs of privacy and security executives and their teams.
You will earn CPE’s to your existing certifications with CompTIA, ISC2 and ISACA.
This course includes one exam voucher to earn the Certified Expert Privacy Professional (CEPP)® credential in the Lunarline Cyber Certified Experts (CCE) Program.
Share this course