HIPAA / HITECH Compliance
Protecting healthcare data has become a necessity. The government has greatly increased its monitoring of data breaches and has levied substantial penalties on non-compliant organizations. That, coupled with the constant threat of hacking and identify theft, has made compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) crucial. In addition to providing HIPAA and HITECH fundamentals, this course explains in detail the Safeguards of HIPAA’s Security Rule and the use and disclosure requirements of the Privacy Rule. The course will also identify what entities are subject to the HIPAA / HITECH requirements, address the government’s penalty structure, and how the “meaningful use” of healthcare data enters the picture.
What you learn:
- Determine if their organization is subject to HIPAA and HITECH
- Identify the administrative controls that must be in place to attain HIPAA compliance
- Identify the physical controls that must be in place to attain HIPAA compliance
- Identify the technical controls that must be in place to attain HIPAA compliance
- Ensure any use or disclosure of PHI is done in accordance with the Privacy Rule
- React and report a data breach, and to act according to the Breach Notification Rule
- Appreciate how meaningful use correlates to HIPAA and HITECH
Course includes the following takeaway items: a printed training book and a CD that includes reference materials pertaining to the course.
NICE Work Roles
Systems Requirements Planner
Consults with customers to evaluate functional requirements and translate functional requirements into technical solutions.
Privacy Officer/Privacy Compliance Manager
Develops and oversees privacy compliance program and privacy program staff, supporting privacy compliance, governance/policy, and incident response needs of privacy and security executives and their teams.
Cyber Policy and Strategy Planner
Develops and maintains cybersecurity plans, strategy, and policy to support and align with organizational cybersecurity initiatives and regulatory compliance.
- Module 1 – Introduction to HIPAA
- Module 2 – HITECH Overview and Its Relation to HIPA
- Module 3 – HIPAA Privacy Rule
- Module 4 – HIPAA Security Rule – Administrative Safeguards
- Module 5 – HIPAA Security Rule – Physical Safeguards
- Module 6 – HIPAA Security Rule – Technical Safeguards
- Module 7 – HIPAA Security Rule – Organizational Requirements; and Policies, Procedures, & Documentation Requirements
- Module 8 – HITECH and Meaningful Use
No image gallery for this course as of yet.
No video for this course as of yet.
Share this course