Assessing Network Vulnerabilities 4-Day Course
Security professionals are overwhelmed by abundant security advisories, intrusion and firewall alerts, and vulnerability reports. Knowledge of actual hacking techniques and scenarios permits a more effective response against the growing threats from Internet access and presence. The 4-day instructor led course exposes students to exploits and teaches them how to run vulnerability scans to better secure networks, servers and workstations.
What you will learn is how to:
- Assess the risk to your systems from vulnerabilities and exploit
- Conduct vulnerability scans of your networks, servers and workstations
- Integrate advisories and alerts into your security practices and procedures
- Respond to evolving risk levels by prioritizing your defensive resources
- Manage an ongoing vulnerability assessment process
NICE Work Roles
Ensures that the stakeholder security requirements necessary to protect the organization’s mission and business processes are adequately addressed in all aspects of enterprise architecture including reference models, segment and solution architectures, and the resulting systems supporting those missions and business processes.
Systems Requirements Planner
Consults with customers to evaluate functional requirements and translate functional requirements into technical solutions.
Information Systems Security Developer
Designs, develops, tests, and evaluates information system security throughout the systems development life cycle.
- Module 1 – Introduction – Administrivia – Instructor and Student Introductions
- Module 2 – Network Vulnerability Testing Methodologies
- Module 3 – Information Security Testing Techniques – Phases in Network Vulnerability Assessments
- Module 4 – Foot-printing and Information Gathering
- Module 5 – Conducting the Assessment
- Module 6 – Results Analysis and Reporting
- Module 7 – Vulnerability Remediation
- Module 8 – CAPSTONE Exercise
No image gallery for this course as of yet.
No video for this course as of yet.