NICE Work Role Name:
Technical Support Specialist
NICE Work Role ID:
NICE Work Role Description:
Administers databases and/or data management systems that allow for the secure storage, query, protection, and utilization of data.
- K0001 – Knowledge of computer networking concepts and protocols, and network security methodologies.
- K0002 – Knowledge of risk management processes (e.g., methods for assessing and mitigating risk).
- K0003 – Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, and ethics as they relate to cybersecurity and privacy.
- K0004 – Knowledge of cybersecurity and privacy principles.
- K0005 – Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- K0006 – Knowledge of specific operational impacts of cybersecurity lapses.
- K0053 – Knowledge of measures or indicators of system performance and availability.
- K0088 – Knowledge of systems administration concepts.
- K0109 – Knowledge of physical computer components and architectures, including the functions of various components and peripherals (e.g., CPUs, Network Interface Cards, data storage).
- K0114 – Knowledge of electronic devices (e.g., computer systems/components, access control devices, digital cameras, digital scanners, electronic organizers, hard drives, memory cards, modems, network components, networked appliances, networked home control devices, printers, removable storage devices, telephones, copiers, facsimile machines, etc.).
- K0116 – Knowledge of file extensions (e.g., .dll, .bat, .zip, .pcap, .gzip).
- K0194 – Knowledge of Cloud-based knowledge management technologies and concepts related to security, governance, procurement, and administration.
- K0224 – Knowledge of system administration concepts for operating systems such as but not limited to Unix/Linux, IOS, Android, and Windows operating systems.
- K0237 – Knowledge of industry best practices for service desk.
- K0242 – Knowledge of organizational security policies.
- K0247 – Knowledge of remote access processes, tools, and capabilities related to customer support.
- K0260 – Knowledge of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) data security standards.
- K0261 – Knowledge of Payment Card Industry (PCI) data security standards.
- K0262 – Knowledge of Personal Health Information (PHI) data security standards.
- K0287 – Knowledge of an organization’s information classification program and procedures for information compromise.
- K0292 – Knowledge of the operations and processes for incident, problem, and event management.
- K0294 – Knowledge of IT system operation, maintenance, and security needed to keep equipment functioning properly.
- K0302 – Knowledge of the basic operation of computers.
- K0317 – Knowledge of procedures used for documenting and querying reported incidents, problems, and events.
- K0330 – Knowledge of successful capabilities to identify the solutions to less common and more complex system problems.
- S0039 – Skill in identifying possible causes of degradation of system performance or availability and initiating actions needed to mitigate this degradation.
- S0058 – Skill in using the appropriate tools for repairing software, hardware, and peripheral equipment of a system.
- S0142 – Skill in conducting research for troubleshooting novel client-level problems.
- S0159 – Skill in configuring and validating network workstations and peripherals in accordance with approved standards and/or specifications.
- S0365 – Skill to design incident response for cloud service models.
- A0025 – Ability to accurately define incidents, problems, and events in the trouble ticketing system.
- A0034 – Ability to develop, update, and/or maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- A0122 – Ability to design capabilities to find solutions to less common and more complex system problems.
- T0125 – Install and maintain network infrastructure device operating system software (e.g., IOS, firmware).
- T0237 – Troubleshoot system hardware and software.
- T0308 – Analyze incident data for emerging trends.
- T0315 – Develop and deliver technical training to educate others or meet customer needs.
- T0331 – Maintain incident tracking and solution database.
- T0468 – Diagnose and resolve customer reported system incidents, problems, and events.
- T0482 – Make recommendations based on trend analysis for enhancements to software and hardware solutions to enhance customer experience.
- T0491 – Install and configure hardware, software, and peripheral equipment for system users in accordance with organizational standards.
- T0494 – Administer accounts, network rights, and access to systems and equipment.
- T0496 – Perform asset management/inventory of information technology (IT) resources.
- T0502 – Monitor and report client-level computer system performance.
- T0530 – Develop a trend analysis and impact report.