This course is designed for health care practitioners, and takes a practical approach to understanding HIPAA’s Privacy Rule. Students will learn:
- What HIPAA’s Privacy Rule is, how it applies, and why it’s important
- How to properly handle Protected Health Information (PHI) that exists in electronic or written form
- The legal ways in which PHI may be disclosed, and to who
- How to identify a potential data breach and notify management
- Best practices for protecting data shared with vendors and/or subcontractors
During this course, students will also be presented with several real-world data privacy challenges and asked to craft HIPAA-complaint solutions to them. This course strips the Privacy Rule of it complex legalese and provides practitioners with the tools needed to be compliant in today’s health care environments.
Course includes the following takeaway items: a printed training book and a CD that includes reference materials pertaining to the course.