No compliance program can succeed without robust managerial oversight. This course covers all the key elements of HIPAA, and ensures that managers have the HIPAA expertise necessary to do their jobs. Students will learn:
- What HIPAA’s Security Rule is, and what it specifically requires
- What HIPAA’s Privacy Rule is, how it’s different from the Security Rule, and what it mandates
- Current threats to PHI
- How to handle a data breach in accordance with the Breach Notification Rule
- How the government handles enforcement of HIPAA
- Best practices for creating and maintaining a HIPAA training program
- What policies and procedures should be implemented to govern a HIPAA program
- How to manage Business Associates
This course effectively combines the general and the specific by discussing overarching HIPAA principles in addition to essential details. This approach will provide attendees with the skills needed to manage staff in a HIPAA-complaint fashion.
Course includes the following takeaway items: a printed training book and a CD that includes reference materials pertaining to the course.