HIPAA’s Security Rule and several of its other requirements are highly technical in nature. As such, their implementation and monitoring is the responsibility of an organization’s IT staff. With the requirement to move medical records into electronic formats, IT professionals are a vital aspect to a successful HIPAA compliance program. In this course, students will learn:
- The requirements of HIPAA’s Security Rule
- Administrative Safeguards
- Physical Safeguards
- Technical Safeguards
- How to conduct a HIPAA Risk Assessment
- How to implement and maintain an Incident Response Plan
- The importance of data classification and data encryption
- How to structure the system architecture to facilitate compliance
This course will also include practicums designed to provide students with hands-on HIPAA requirement implementations.
Course includes the following takeaway items: a printed training book and a CD that includes reference materials pertaining to the course.