The C-Suite frequently faces tough decisions that can impact the nature and extent of information security, regulatory compliance, and risk management. This course will examine HIPAA from an executive’s perspective, and will demonstrate that a weak or nonexistent HIPAA compliance program can (and will likely be) be catastrophic for business. Students will learn:
- An overview of HIPAA and its requirements
- A summary of threats to ePHI and to business longevity
- HIPAA Compliance ROI
- Recent Health Care breaches and resulting impacts
- How to integrate HIPAA compliance into existing programs
- Why HIPAA compliance should be a fundamental aspect of business
This course includes a collaboration session where students can discuss their HIPAA concerns, share thoughts with their colleagues, and obtain insight from the instructor.
Course includes the following takeaway items: a printed training book and a CD that includes reference materials pertaining to the course.