This course equips the student with an overview of the system assessment and authorization process (formerly known as C&A) and the Risk Management Framework (RMF) for National Security Systems (NSS). The CNSS Course will address the Federal and Intelligence Community requirements, including NIST SP 800-37, NIST SP 800-39, and CNSS 1253.
- Critical Definitions & Policies
- C&A Transformation /Transition Overview
- The IC and Transformation
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Authorization Boundary
- System Categorization
- Select Security Controls
- Implement, Document & Assess Security Controls
- Authorize Information System
- Monitor Information System
Course includes the following takeaway items: a printed training book and a CD that includes reference materials pertaining to the course.