Security professionals are overwhelmed by abundant security advisories, intrusion and firewall alerts, and vulnerability reports. Knowledge of actual hacking techniques and scenarios permits a more effective response against the growing threats from Internet access and presence. The 4-day instructor led course exposes students to exploits and and teaches them how to run vulnerability scans to better secure networks, servers and workstations.
- Introduction to Network Vulnerability Assessments
- Network Vulnerability Testing Methodologies
- Information Security Testing Techniques – Phases in Network Vulnerability Assessments
- Footprinting and Information Gathering
- Conducting the Assessment
- Results Analysis and Reporting
- Vulnerability Remediation
- CAPSTONE Exercise
In the course, students will learn how to:
- Assess the risk to your systems from vulnerabilities and exploit
- Conduct vulnerability scans of your networks, servers and workstations
- Integrate advisories and alerts into your security practices and procedures
- Respond to evolving risk levels by prioritizing your defensive resources
- Manage an ongoing vulnerability assessment process
Course includes the following takeaway items: a printed training book and a CD that includes reference materials pertaining to the course.
Every student participating will receive a certificate of successful participation in this course, which will allow you to claim hours of Continuous Professional Experience for your existing certifications. Our Continuing Education Credits are accepted by ISC2, CompTIA and ISACA.