The CAP examination tests the breadth and depth of a candidate’s knowledge by focusing on the seven domains which comprise the CAP CBK®, taxonomy of information security topics:
- Understanding the Security Authorization of Information Systems
- Categorize Information Systems
- Establish the Security Control Baseline
- Apply Security Controls
- Assess Security Controls
- Authorize Information System
- Monitor Security Controls
The ideal candidate should have experience, skills or knowledge in any of the following areas:
- IT Security
- Information Assurance
- Information Risk Management
- Systems Administration
- One – two years of general technical experience
- Two years of general systems experience
- One – two years of database/systems development/network experience
- Information Security Policy
- Technical or auditing experience within government, the U.S. Department of Defense, the financial or health care industries, and/or auditing firms
- Strong familiarity with NIST documentation
Course includes the following takeaway items: a printed training book and a CD that includes reference materials pertaining to the course.
Students will be prepared for the ISC2 CAP exam. Students need to pass the exam to receive the CAP certification.
This course is delivered in partnership with SecureNinja.