Security+ class will prepare your for the SY0-401 certification exam and covers the most important foundational principles for securing a network and managing risk. Access control, identity management and cryptography are important topics on the exam, as well as selection of appropriate mitigation and deterrent techniques to address network attacks and vulnerabilities. Security concerns associated with cloud computing, BYOD and SCADA are now addressed in the SY0-401 exam. CompTIA Security+ is an international, vendor-neutral certification that proves competency in system security, network infrastructure, access control and organizational security.
- Mitigating threats
- Authentication systems
- Messaging security
- User and role-based security
- Public key infrastructure
- Access security
- Ports and protocols
- Network security
- Wireless security
- Remote access security
- Auditing, logging, and monitoring
- Vulnerability testing
- Organizational security
- Business continuity
Although not a prerequisite the CompTIA Security+ (SY0-401) Certification is aimed at an IT security professional who has:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in network administration with a focus on security
- Day to day technical information security experience
- Broad knowledge of security concerns and implementation including the topics in the domain list below
- The CompTIA Network+ certification is also recommended.
Course includes the following takeaway items: Every student will receive the CompTIA Security+ Study Guide: SY0-401, 6th Edition, Published by Sybex and a test voucher for your Security+ Certification test.
This course is delivered in partnership with SecureNinja.